What is an uncrystallised funds pension lump sum (UFPLS)?

Individual lump sums (UFPLS) are another way to take money out of your pension. In this case, you take your money in chunks. Each withdrawal is up to 25% tax free. The remaining 75% is taxed as income.

The maximum tax-free cash you can take from all your pensions is £268,275.

When withdrawing from your pension it's important to plan long term, so you have enough to last you through retirement.

Learn more about individual lump sums (UFPLS)

Need more help?

Our UK-based team is ready to answer your questions

Our UK-based team is ready to answer your questions.

Do you have a Vanguard account?

Getting help in difficult circumstances

Please contact us if you’re having financial difficulties, navigating a difficult time in your life, or if your mental wellbeing is affected. This happens to many in these uncertain times. We’re here to help.

Have a complaint?

Find out what you can do