Can a grandparent open a Junior ISA?

No, unless they are the legal guardian of the child.

A grandparent or other relative can gift money into a child’s Junior ISA. Gifting money can only be done by debit card. Once the invested money has arrived in the Junior ISA account, the money can be invested manually by the registered contact, usually a parent or legal guardian.

Gift money now

Need more help?

Our UK-based team is ready to answer your questions

Do you have a Vanguard account?


Getting help in difficult circumstances

Please contact us if you’re having financial difficulties, navigating a difficult time in your life, or if your mental wellbeing is affected. This happens to many in these uncertain times. We’re here to help.

Have a complaint?

Let us know how we can help.

Contact us