cart icon

What taxes will I have to pay on investments in my Personal Pension?

You won't have to pay tax on investment returns while held in a pension. When you start withdrawing money from your pension in retirement, you can usually take up to 25% tax-free. The remaining 75% is taxed as income (just like your salary). You'll need to take into account any other income you may receive, such as the State Pension.

How much tax you pay and when will depend on how you choose to take money from your pension. Learn more about withdrawing money from your pension

Need more help?

Our UK-based team is ready to answer your questions

If you are an existing client, please send us a secure message using the Inbox feature within your account. This will help us respond with information specific to you.

If you are new to Vanguard, please send us a message with email.

Getting help in difficult circumstances

Please contact us if you’re having financial difficulties, navigating a difficult time in your life, or if your mental wellbeing is affected. This happens to many in these uncertain times. We’re here to help.

Have a complaint?

Find out what you can do
A tally chart using green pencils on a light green background